The LiveSafe app is free and can be found in the app store for (iOS7 or later operating systems) and Android (Honeycomb or later operating systems) devices. In order to use all of the features in the app, be sure that your phone’s setting allow for push notifications and full GPS location sharing. Once you have installed the app, simply create a free account and select UNC Charlotte as your institution of choice.
Some of the features available in the app include:
- The ability to call or have a text conversation with Police and Public Safety (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- A list of contacts for vital campus emergency and non-emergency services
- An electronic copy of the University Campus Evacuation Plan and Emergency Manual
- The ability to anonymously report tips with pictures or videos to the University Police Department
- The ability to track the location of campus shuttles operated by Parking and Transportation Services (PaTS)
- A situationally specific list of emergency tips and best practices for a multitude of emergency events
- The ability to conduct a virtual “safe-walk” that allows selected contacts in your phone to temporarily track your movements while you walk to your destination. In order for your friends to view your location, they must also have LiveSafe on their phones, so encourage them to download the app.
- A full list of all campus buildings with GPS assistance that will guide you to the building you are attempting to locate