|Returning to Campus||Leave and Work Provisions||Responsibilities of Employees|
RETURNING TO CAMPUS
UNC Charlotte is in a position to plan for a return to full operations in fall 2021. To do that, we need to begin returning to campus.
Expected return dates
- Student-facing and other customer-facing offices and services: Offices that typically see foot traffic from students, employees or other customers should now be staffed and open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday or their otherwise stated standard business hours. Supervisors should work to schedule a rotation of staff onto campus, but offices providing services to students should always have in-person staffing during their regular hours.
- All other staff: All other staff should plan to return to pre-pandemic hours and regular operations on campus no later than Tuesday, July 6, in anticipation of a return to full on-campus operations on Monday, Aug. 16.
- Faculty: For the fall semester, faculty should be back on campus by the first day of the new academic year, Monday, Aug. 16.
Preparing for return
Department and unit representatives have been contacted by the Office of Emergency Management to identify their key tasks and resources needed to return to campus for full operations and their estimated date of return. If you have questions about your particular unit or department, please contact your supervisor.
Supervisors may consider teleworking arrangements for employees who can complete their duties remotely, as long as the needs of the department and University are fully met and the policy is fairly applied across the unit. Policy 101.22 outlines additional important information about the requirements for teleworking agreements. Arrangements will require additional approval within each division and then final approval from Human Resources.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there have been updates to work and leave provisions, health benefits, and other Human Resources items. Please consult the COVID-19 HR Information webpage for the most up-to-date information.
- If you are not vaccinated, wear a face covering when around others and practice physical distancing.
- Complete the daily Niner Health Check, unless you have received an exception.
Please review the coronavirus travel restrictions for the latest information.
UNC Charlotte offers employees experiencing economic difficulties access to emergency loans up to $250. Donations to the emergency loan fund can be made via the UNC Charlotte giving website. The North Carolina State Health Plan has also made some changes to further assist employees during this time, including the elimination of any co-pay requirement for COVID-19 testing. Employees are also encouraged to utilize the Employee Assistance Program, which provides confidential counseling and information and resources on financial, legal, and work-life matters.
This continues to be a rapidly evolving situation, and we will share more details and information as it becomes available. The University will stay in touch with you through:
- Niner Insider: We will share information as it becomes available.
- NinerNotices: We will send notices as more information becomes available.
- Website: We will continue to keep the Emergency Management website and FAQs updated with the latest information.
- Social Media: We will communicate with you on social media via the NinerAlerts Twitter and Facebook accounts and the University’s main Twitter and Facebook accounts.