Building access returned to normal Aug. 17. A 49er ID card will no longer be required to access buildings during normal operating hours. The following are exceptions to this change and will remain on swipe-access only:
Price Counseling Center
Everyday actions to help prevent the spread of germs and viruses include:
- Wear a mask when around others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid sharing food, cups or utensils.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Classrooms and common areas
Technicians are increasing the frequency of their current cleaning measures of high-contact surfaces in academic buildings, such as doorknobs, light switches, desks and tables, with EPA-registered disinfectants and sanitizers. The University is also stocking additional cleaning products to meet potential needs.
Housing and Residence Life (HRL)
HRL cleans and sanitizes all bathrooms daily, and heavily-trafficked areas twice per day. Facilities are equipped with hand sanitizers in lobby areas for easy access for students to keep their hands free of germs. In addition, staff have been briefed on appropriate cleaning methods related to the coronavirus and are staying up to date on information from the CDC and implementing recommendations as they are made available.
Niner Transit, Paratransit and shuttle vehicle interiors are cleaned daily with special cleaners and attachments. Buses are equipped with alcohol-based sanitizer dispensers or wipes for passenger use.
Please click here for additional cleaning information as we reopen.