The University is closely monitoring the rapidly emerging outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), which was first identified in China and the related cases reported in the United States. Review the following FAQs for more information about the virus.
Protocols for responding to infectious diseases are established and the University is prepared to act quickly in the event there are reports of symptoms of or exposure to the virus by students, faculty or staff.
In the meantime, UNC Charlotte administration and health staff are working in collaboration with campus partners, as well as local and state resources, to protect the health and well-being of the campus community.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid sharing food, cups or utensils.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.