The Niner Health Check helps keep the University community healthy by screening for symptoms of COVID-19 and connecting faculty, staff and students to testing resources if necessary. The screening is intended to help you make decisions about seeking appropriate medical care and guide whether you should come to campus each day. It is not intended for the diagnosis or treatment of disease or other conditions, including COVID-19.
How It Works
- Every day, including weekends, faculty, staff and students will receive an email from “Niner Health Check” with a link to the daily health screening.
- Each individual should complete the screening every day. If you are coming to campus, please complete it before leaving your home (e.g. if your work shift or first class doesn't start until 11 a.m., complete the health screening prior to leaving your residence).
- Click the link and you will be taken to s screening that will ask you:
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you been tested for the virus?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone with COVID-19?
- Do you plan to come to campus today?
- Depending on your answers, you will be instructed to:
- Stay home and monitor your symptoms
- Quarantine and seek guidance for a COVID-19 test
- Isolate because of a positive or potentially positive test
- Continue with your day and come to campus
The Niner Health Check email will be sent daily by 6 a.m. and you should complete it before leaving for campus.
Q: What should I do if I leave for campus before the Niner Health Check arrives?
A: If you do not feel well, have tested positive or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, you should remain home and complete the screening when you receive it. If you feel well, have not tested positive for the virus and have not had close contact with someone with COVID-19, continue on to campus as you normally would and then complete the screening as soon as possible after it arrives. Always exercise caution when it comes to your health. If you have any doubts that you are healthy, stay home.
For more frequently asked questions, visit the FAQ page.
Who Is Expected to Complete the Health Check
- Employees: You are required to complete the daily screening Monday through Friday and any day on the weekend you may have to be on campus. The only exception for this is if you are on leave and not present on campus. You are encouraged to continue completing the screening on the weekend, especially if you do not feel well, so the University can ensure you are receiving access to support resources.
- Teleworking and part-time employees should still complete the daily screening.
- Students: You are required to complete the screening every day, even the days you are not on campus.
It is very important members of Niner Nation take the health check seriously and complete it regularly. If you forget to take the health check, you will be sent reminders asking you to take the assessment as soon as possible. If after multiple attempts to reach you, the health check is still not done, your NinerNet credentials will be temporarily suspended until action is taken. This will prevent access to University email, Canvas, Kronos and all other systems using NinerNet credentials. Our hope is we do not have to suspend anyone's credentials, and we will do so only because of the imperative need to protect our community.
Please note: We are also assessing the ability to allow exceptions for daily completion for those individuals who will not be on campus this semester. We will share more information about this with campus the week of Sept. 28.
For frequently asked questions, visit the FAQ page.
Statement about Privacy and Participation
UNC Charlotte requires your daily participation in the Niner Health Check to provide you and the University with information critical to maintaining the health and safety of the campus community and managing the University's COVID-19 response efforts. Screening questions are based on current CDC guidance, and your responses are protected from third-party disclosures except where required or authorized by law (including to local health authorities). Responses will be used by UNC Charlotte to further its health and safety efforts, which include contact tracing and connecting you with available resources and benefits.
Daily participation in the Niner Health Check is mandatory for all UNC Charlotte students and employees. Beginning Oct. 5, anyone not completing the health check as required will have their NinerNet credentials suspended until the assessment is done. Incentives for completing the health check are being developed and will be shared soon.
For more information, visit our FAQ page.