On Wednesday, May 20, Governor Roy Cooper announced North Carolina will enter Phase 2 of the state’s reopening plan on Friday, May 22, at 5 p.m. More information can be found in the state’s Phase 2 FAQs.
Here is what you can expect during Phase 2 at UNC Charlotte:
- Maximized teleworking is encouraged.
- For those individuals who cannot telework, social distancing of at least six feet between all individuals should be maintained.
- Individuals should wear a face covering when around others. (Please note: This is a new instruction based on updated guidance from the state and CDC.)
- No employee may return to work without permission, and no department or area may allow employees to return without seeking approval as outlined below in this document.
- Visit the Emergency Management website for more information on plans to return to work on campus.
- Gyms and other recreational facilities will remain closed.
- Modified dining options remain available on campus.
- On-campus camps (for youth 18 and under) remain canceled for the summer. Those that can transition to online or remote delivery can continue.
- Conferences and events are canceled through July.
Please note: The state’s phased reopening plan outlines what can happen in each phase. It isn’t a requirement for what must happen. The University is able to set a pace for returning to campus operations that makes sense for us. Information about the University’s current reopen plan is available here. Updated information will continue to be shared with the UNC Charlotte community through NinerNotices, the COVID-19 webpage and the Niner Nation Cares website.
The University community will be updated on changes, enhancements and developments in this plan thorough updates on this website and email communication as needed.