Review the latest campus updates:
Change in On-Campus Face Covering Requirements
In alignment with the most recent recommendation from the CDC and in consultation with UNC System and public health officials, face coverings will be required in all indoor spaces on campus effective Monday, Aug. 2. This decision is made in consideration of the rising cases of COVID-19, including the high rate of transmission in Mecklenburg County per the CDC, and for the safety of our campus community.
- This requirement is for all individuals regardless of vaccination status.
- It applies to all spaces, including Atkins Library, dining halls, recreational facilities, common spaces and residence halls.
- The only exceptions to this requirement are when students are in their personal residence hall rooms or when employees are in their personal offices. Anyone
- The change in face covering requirements does not affect the University’s plans for a return to full operations this fall, including face-to-face instruction.
- This change does not affect the expectation of the return to on-campus work for University employees.
Vaccination is the most effective way to protect yourself and others against COVID-19. If you have not been vaccinated, please do so. If you need help locating a vaccine site, please visit the Niner Nation Cares website.
If you have already been vaccinated, please let us know by completing the COVID-19 reporting form. Once your form is approved, you will be exempt from the University’s testing requirements for the fall and daily completion of the Niner Health Check.
Information on wastewater testing and results can be found on the Wastewater Testing Updates page.
North Carolina COVID-19 County Alert System
|View the latest county-by-county report||More information on the report||COVID-19 North Carolina Dashboard|
How You Can Reach Us
Looking for previous updates?
This page was last updated on Thursday, July 29, 2021.